Monday, April 4, 2011

Newport Folk Festival

The lineup has been announced for the Newport Folk Festival. It will take place in Newport, Rhode Island on July 30th and 31st. I was lucky enough to attend this festival last year and it was one of the most enjoyable weekends I've ever been apart of. Every band was great. I was able to discover new music. Also, Newport, Rhode Island is one of the most beautiful towns on the east coast. All in all, it was a weekend I would not soon forget.

Onto this year's edition of the Newport Folk Festival, I was more than intrigued by the lineup. There are a few of my favorite contemporary bands playing like Delta Spirit, the Felice Brothers, and Middle Brother. There are also some elderly artists that still manage to put on a great show like Emmylou Harris and Elvis Costello. And per usual, there are many other bands that will undoubtedly amaze me. My hopes are high for this summer's Folk Festival.

The full lineup is here:  Newport Folk Fest Lineup

And here are some gems from last year:









No comments:

Post a Comment